We live in a world with so many skincare products and options that it can be really hard to find what works for you. And even when you do, most times it’s not really clear why exactly something works.
That’s why in this blog post we will give you all the science behind Regene Supreme skincare, so you could finally make a better-informed decision on what’s best for your skin.
Innovative ingredients — Ectoin, Lumisphere, and Pentavitin
Here, at Regene Supreme, we aim to provide those with smoke-affected skin only with research-backed active ingredients proven to be good for you and your skin.
So take a look at three of our most innovative ingredients that are key to the rejuvenating properties of our skincare!
One of the super ingredients used in the Regene Supreme line is Ectoin®.
Ectoin® is a 100% natural and very powerful multifunctional active ingredient with outstanding proven efficacy that was discovered in 1985 when a German scientist investigated microorganisms, which he surprisingly found in a salt lake in Wadi El Natrun (Egyptian desert). It is now exclusively manufactured at a German plant in Dortmund.
Ectoin® natural is the self-defense and survival substance of extremophilic microorganisms living in hostile environments, such as deserts, salt lakes, arctic ice, the deep sea, or hot springs – so no wonder it can treat our skin so well against the effects of our fast-paced environment.
This is another amazing ingredient that provides the skin with an instantly even, luminous, and matte complexion with no white residue. It can absorb UVA and UVB, and neutralize free radicals.
Lumisphere is truly the long-awaited hybrid between decorative cosmetics and functional cosmetics, as Lumisphere™ gives skin an immediate illuminating, smoothing, and correcting effects on eye discoloration, and at the same time provides a gradual brightening function together with minimized hyperpigmentation when used over a period of time.
Pentavitin is another ingredient of Regene Supreme with great benefits. It is a unique composition similar to that of the carbohydrate complex (NMF) found in human skin.
Pentavitin is derived from plant-based D-glucose. It stimulates key genes playing a role in the skin barrier, providing deep hydration for 72 hours, strengthening the skin barrier function, and improving a comfortable skin feeling & a healthy skin appearance.
As you can see in the images above that have been created using a very sophisticated tool of skin hydration mapping with color, visible results can be seen even 3 hours after the first application, with great results shown after 28 days course of daily application.
Now, let’s dive deeper into more scientific research that’s been done on the super ingredients included in the Regene Supreme skincare line.
Anti-wrinkle efficacy of Ectoin in the crow’s feet area (in vivo)
An in vivo study was carried out on 10 female volunteers over a period of 4 weeks. The aim of the study was to analyze the efficacy of 0.5% Ectoin with regards to the reduction of wrinkles in the crow´s feet area.
This in vivo research showed a great anti-wrinkle effect:
- A remarkable improvement of all wrinkle parameters in the eye area;
- 100% of the test subjects demonstrated a significant anti-wrinkle effect with Ectoin natural;
- On the contrary, the placebo cream showed no positive efficacy at all. In fact, all the wrinkle parameters even showed a deterioration of the respective values with placebo cream.
Here is a visual representation of the test and how well 0.5% Ectoin® natural cream performed vs. placebo:
As you can see in the image above, the results speak for themselves, with 100% of the test subjects showing a significant anti-wrinkle effect after just 4 weeks when using Ectoin natural.
Anti-aging efficacy of Ectoin (clinical study)
This study followed 24 female volunteers (30-60 years old) with normal, dry, and sensitive skin while using a cream containing 2% Ectoin natural and a placebo cream 2x/day for 28 days.
The aim of the study was to show that Ectoin protects the skin from natural pollution-induced damage and aging, and it was carried out by the IUF Leibniz Research Institute for Environmental Medicine (Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Jean Krutmann), Düsseldorf, Germany.
This research was done by measuring skin surface parameters (smoothness, wrinkle depth, scaling, roughness) measured by SELS method (Visioscan ), as well as Visco-elasticity & biologic elasticity measurement with Cutometer (in AU) at day 0 and day 28.
This study provided amazing results in all subjects after just 4 weeks:
- A visible and significant amelioration of the skin microrelief was observed;
- Deep structures were smoothed and the skin looked healthier and rejuvenated;
- 100% of the subjects demonstrated a significant effect for all measured parameters;
- The wrinkle volume was improved by up to 23%;
- Skin scaling was reduced by -76%;
- Skin roughness was reduced by up to – 86%;
- The skin´s elasticity was increased
Here is a visual representation of the skin surface before and after using Ectoin for 28 days:
The results reached are truly amazing, proving Ectoin is a must-have super ingredient in your skincare if you wish to reduce the effects of natural pollution-induced damage and aging.
Protection from pollution-induced skin damage (in vivo)
The aim of this study was to confirm the anti-pollution efficacy of Ectoin natural in a specific, objective, and reliable in vivo setting, by testing it with cigarette smoke – one of the best ways of testing effects of pollutants.
This in vivo study was carried out by a specialized dermatological center in Germany. The study design is the most innovative, controlled, and standardized in vivo pollution test method currently available.
The study was done by applying a placebo or 1% Ectoin twice per day for 5 days on volunteers, measuring the concentration of MDA in using a standardized pollution chamber system on the volunteer’s forearm.
Here is a visual representation of cigarette smoke application on the volar forearm:
Ectoin natural shows global anti-pollution efficacy. After only 5 days of application, the results were astonishing:
- The pollution-induced lipid peroxidation in the skin was remarkably reduced by 48%;
- Ectoin natural provides complete and instant protection from pollution-induced skin damage and aging, including skin pigmentation.
This and the previously mentioned research together have proven that Ectoin natural is the only anti-pollution active ingredient that protects the skin from PM of all sizes (including PM0.1 and smaller – ultrafine particulate matter, also known as UFP) as well as PAHs, heavy metals, nitrogen dioxide, and other toxic air pollution components.
Whitening & lightening efficacy of Ectoin (in vivo)
Due to environmental factors such as solar radiation from the sun, blue light, and air pollution, as well as oxidative stress, the skin can experience hyperpigmentation – when unwanted freckles and pigment spots increasingly arise.
The aim of this in vivo study was to show the whitening and skin lightening efficacy of Ectoin natural.
It was done by studying 22 female Asian test persons (36-60 years old) with phototype III and IV.
This study reached great results as follows:
- Skin lightness significantly increased by up to 3%, this effect was observed on 100% of the test persons;
- Skin pigmentation decreased significantly by up to 28%;
- Variation between pigmented skin and normal skin significantly decreased by up to 22%.
With the results of this study, it is safe to say that Ectoin natural can definitely reduce the effects of unwanted pigmentation created by environmental factors and smoking.
UVA and visible light protection of Ectoin
The problem with most commercialized sunscreens is that they provide effectiveness against UVB and UVA, but do not give significant protection against visible light.
That’s why in this study the photoprotective properties of Ectoin natural against the combination of visible light and UVA-radiation and visible light only were tested on human dermal keratinocytes.
This study shows that there is a great potential for Ectoin to be used for UVA and visible light protection:
- All tested concentrations of Ectoin natural showed a highly significant level of photoprotection against the combination of UVA/visible light and the irradiation with visible light on the cellular level;
- Level of photoprotection: 92.7% (visible light) and 68.9% (UVA/visible).
Now it is clear that Ectoin natural completes sunscreen and daycare formulations for full-spectrum protection against UVA-radiation and visible light (including blue light) damage.
Long-lasting skin hydration or “7 days” of Ectoin (in vivo)
This study looked at the skin hydration levels with Extoin natural compared to the placebo-treated skin for 19 days, with the first 11 requiring a regular application, then stopping on day 12 for the following days, and measuring before and on the 12th and 19th days.
- During the study, the hydration level in the skin increased up to 200% compared to the placebo-treated skin.
- Although the topical application was stopped on day 12 for the following 7 days, the hydration status was preserved during this period, underlining a significant long-term moisturizing effect of Ectoin natural.
- The long-term hydration efficacy of Ectoin natural is based on its’ repairing properties and the consequent enhancement and restoration of the skin barrier.
- After 10 days of application, the increased hydration level remained nearly constant until the end of the study period (day 19).
These stunning results prove that Ectoin is an excellent skin hydration ingredient with remarkable effects on dry and damaged skin even 7 days after the treatment has been stopped.
With all this research to back it up, there should be no doubt in your mind that the super ingredients used in the Regene Skincare line are truly the best for smoke-affected skin, as they can prevent cell damage and provide all levels of repair and regeneration for aged, stressed, and irritated skin.
We hope that this blog post has been a good reminder to pay close attention to what your skincare contains, and helpful in deciding why certain ingredients such as Ection can be very, and we mean VERY beneficial to your skin.